As a lead developer, you will be designing, coding, testing and supporting a Java EE based massively scalable, high performance, multi-tenant, international e-commerce application. Responsibilities include:
• Design and develop e-commerce solutions using Java, J2EE, JSP/Servlet, Spring, Struts, XML, XSL, SQL, jQuery, DWR and other web technologies.
• Drive innovation and new ideas throughout the delivery teams.
• Lead and mentor other developers in coding complex technical solutions.
• Analysis of business requirements and subsequent creation of high level technical design documents and technical specifications. Communicate gaps in business and technical functionality and asses impact to timelines.
• Unit and system testing of application code, as well as execution of implementation activities.
• Analysis and identification of technical areas of improvement within existing web applications
• Work with other internal IT teams to complete project activates, such as infrastructure, architecture, operations, and database teams.
• Help research and recommend new tools and technology frameworks that can drive innovation and differentiation of our web sites.
• Participate in technology forums and industry user groups
Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 6 years experience in related field.
Demonstrated in-depth experience with E-Commerce and web application technologies, especially in the areas of writing high performance, reliable and maintainable code. Core competencies in Java, HTTP, XML, Struts, SOAP and e-commerce platform is required.
Must have experience in object-oriented analysis, design and programming, tier components, (JDBC, Servlets, JMS, JNDI etc), Java/JEE design patterns, SOAP and Web Services.
Must have experience with internationalization, localization and translation.
Must have experience with Rational Application Developer, WebSphere Application server and Oracle database platforms.
Deep understanding of service oriented software architecture and design issues.
Working experience with iPhone or Android is a plus.
Working experience of Endeca Content & Navigation APIs, Endeca Page Builder & Workbench is preferred
Ability to work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
Comprehensive SDLC experience including:
• Strong design skills - use of UML, patterns, OOA/OOD
• Agile implementation principles and practices
• User of version control management such as SVN, CVS, or Clearcase.
• Testing through presentation tier with JUnit or other testing frameworks.
• Production environment deployment and maintenance
• Knowledge of Maven is a Plus
A self-starter with excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in an unstructured, fast-paced environment.
A team player with ability to work independently with minimum supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities
Demonstrates expert knowledge of technical design alternatives and the implementation implications by guiding the development team in overall application technical design activities
Manages complete life cycle for most complex or high-risk components
Analyzes functional design/overall application technical design and develops detailed module technical application for complex components
Identifies opportunities for improving software by partnering with customers; evaluates new and existing software products
Codes complex application components based on functional requirements
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location/Region: Boca Raton, FL