Freddie Mac's Information Technology Division exists to enable and transform Freddie Mac’s business. We provide systems and technology that benefit the enterprise, customers, employees, and our business partners. The IT Division seeks a Risk & Controls Senior to manage IT risk and controls with respect to the firm’s operations. The candidate will be part of a team that has an extensive coordination role across the three lines of defense. The applicant must have a strong understanding of I&T risks, and the execution of risk management processes within a large institution.
• Provide advice and assistance in the areas of risk and control identification, assessment, response, monitoring and evaluation with the intent of maturing IT risk management capabilities
• Work with other risk functions to develop and implement controls that mitigate risks
• Analyze, document, and monitor issues identified, including root cause analysis, control failure identification, level of significance assessment for deficiencies and remediation plans.
• Support risk managers in partnering across lines of business and IT to gain insight into business processes, objectives, risks, and priorities to foster accountability and transparency in the areas of risk and controls
• Work with a team to identify, develop, establish and execute procedures, processes, and controls to manage risks, including risk and issue management, KRI/KPI development, management/oversight reporting, and escalation
• Develop and prepare timely, accurate and effective risk control analysis and operational procedures
• Contribute to IT vendor risk assessments
• Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that affect immediate organization's operation
• Perform aggregation and reporting of IT risk metrics and data
• Minimum of 5 plus years of experience of previous experience in public accounting or internal audit; other relevant experience may be considered.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience from which knowledge and skillsets can be acquired
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience collaborating and communicating with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects
• Solid understanding of risk and controls framework to support key analysis in support of SOX and/or risk assessment activities
• Ability to understand IT business processes, management objectives, risk appetite and tolerances and impact of changes to risk profiles
• Project Management experience
• Experience with a diverse set of risk management methods and techniques for the identification assessment, treatment and management of risk
• Practical experience in internal/external audits
• CRISC, CISA, CGEIT and/or other IT risk related certifications
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: McLean, VA