The Houston Chronicle seeks a versatile designer equally comfortable in print or online, a graphics artist with strong interactive skills who can coordinate online and print elements for a cohesive look.
• Work as a designer for print and online in news, sports and features.
• Develop graphics and social media promotions and teasers design.
• Take ideas from concept to completion.
• Share knowledge of online skills.
• Adapt to changing design and visual needs as the print and online sides of the newspaper move forward.
• Design high-end pages for print, while coordinating online presentation.
• Develop graphics for online and print.
• Position will include some evenings and weekends.
• College degree in visual arts or journalism.
• Minimum 3 years in design capacity.
• Knowledge of the CCI layout system a plus.
Contact Susan Barber, Design Director,