BlueScope has a full time opening for a welder. This position will Safely and efficiently produce quality steel buildings by joining subcomponents through a GMAW process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Positions, aligns, and fits components together inside the AutoWelder and sets machine to appropriate weld size.
• Inspects weld size, shape and quality to assure conformance to specifications while in process.
• Handwrites operator initials.
• Continuously makes adjustment to equipment to maintain highest achievable quality within productivity goals.
• Notifies Production Leader of discrepancies.
• Performs operator quality checks as specified in work instructions.
• Performs routine general and preventative maintenance and makes minor repairs to the equipment, i.e. changes tips, liners, refill bags of flux, rethread weld wire.
• Operates forklift, cranes or other lifting devices. Inspects hoisting attachments and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
• Works from verbal, printed and blue print instructions.
• Assists Maintenance Mechanic in repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment.
• Maintains appropriate weld certifications per required test.
• Ensures 5S (housekeeping) is being practiced and sustained.
• Participates in Tool Box, Team Meetings and Quality Control training sessions.
• Cross trained in all positions within the Cell.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Interpersonal Skills — Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Endeavour in assisting Team achieve goals.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and
• Materials properly. The employee is required to wear safety glasses, bump cap, and safety shoes while performing this job. Other safety equipment may be required due to particular elements of the job.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this lob include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position includes full health benefits, dental and vision insurance, short term and long term disability and life insurance.
If interested in joining this dynamic team. Please send resume to wihumanresources@bIuescopesteel.com