Engineering Technician—CAD Designer
KCC Companies, an employee-owned heating and cooling manufacturer and metal fabricator located in Jeffersontown, Kentucky, is advertising an opening for the following position: Engineering Technician—CAD Designer.
Function: Provide drawings & engineering related documents to manufacturing as required by customer orders. This may call for layout of individual parts, assembling bills of materials, and detailing CAD drawings. Follow document control policies for all design documents.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing by providing product drawings, bills of materials, routings, and other manufacturing aids as required.
- Provide programming of CNC cutting machines as required.
- Review customer orders to determine that all specifications are listed and understood. (Verify requirements and specifications).
- Provide drawings of standard product as required to manufacturing and submittal drawings as required by customer/sales.
- Review design markups from manufacturing and make engineering corrections/design changes as required.
- Utilize ERP system to track orders through engineering as well as change orders
for projects, ensuring all customer specifications are met prior to orders going to production.
- Design curbs/adapters based on ability and complexity (may require mechanical engineer’s assistance).
- Provide assistance as required to manufacturing in answering questions relating to orders on the floor to ensure timely completion of the order.
- Complete design layouts when required.
- Email designs to other Manufacturing plant locations as required.
- Provide support as required in establishing and maintaining an effective engineering change system.
- Provide support for maintaining and updating the corrective action program.
- Provide support as required for the continuous improvement efforts in supplying world-class engineering support to all manufacturing operations.
- Update database for pricing of rooftop curbs/adapters as required.
- Provide reports on status of engineering prototype projects released to production.
- Provide technical assistance as required to sales in processing & expediting customer orders.
- Make cut sheets and footprints for new and old units not already in the database.
- Provide daily engineering report information to Engineering Manager.
- Assist in training new designers/programmers in their assigned duties.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical degree in computer aided drafting/design.
- Sheet metal manufacturing experience.
- Problem solving skills utilizing quality tools.
- Good communication and math skills.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulations regarding safety in the workplace.
- Ability to use a variety of inspection & measurement instruments.
- CNC programming training/experience.
- Knowledge of sheet metal stamping and forming tooling.
- SolidWorks 3-D Software experience in designing sheet metal.
- Good overall computer skills. Knowledge of Epicor manufacturing enterprise software is a plus.
Submit all inquiries/resumes to Michael Kopp, Recruiter, at
or by calling (502) 491-9881, Ext. 1195 (Office Phone) or (502) 905-0757 (Cell Phone).
KCC COMPANIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About this company
KCC Manufacturing is a leading developer and provider of HVAC and roof system products. Founded in 1987, Kentuckiana Curb Company, Inc., now KCC Manufacturing, has achieved impressive growth by operating on these simple principles: Outstanding customer service, Competitive prices, The highest quality products shipped and delivered on time. KCC Manufacturing’s two facilities allow them to ship anywhere in North America, giving you the advantages of competitive freight rates and faster delivery.