Primary Job Functions:
· Perform minor diagnostics on automobiles as required
· Repair vehicles according to manufacturers’ specifications including, but not limited to, brakes, suspension, exhaust, drive train, cooling system, tires, alignments, air conditioning/heating, ignition system, and fuel system
· Utilize software to obtain parts and labor requirements for repairs
· Communicate with the service writer/manager and manager about repair status and needs
· Perform state safety inspections as needed
· Keep his/her work area clean and safe
· Assist Lead Technician as required and in order to gain experience for future ASE Certifications
· Various miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
· Assists other level technicians as requested
· Performs other duties as assignedQualifications
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Automotive Repair Knowledge – Extensive knowledge of the automotive repair industry required. Minimum three years experience in automotive repair. ASE Certification required in a minimum of Brakes, Suspension and Steering, and heating and Air Conditioning, with Engine Performance and Electrical certifications preferred. Other combinations of certifications that total at least four will be considered. A/C Certified a must and State Inspection License preferred. Must provide own full set of tools.
· Customer Relations & Interpersonal skills – Must be able to understand and meet customers’ needs and expectations. Must use good interpersonal skills in solving customers’ problems and build positive relationships with them.
· Communication Skills – Must be able to communicate with others in a clear, understandable manner.
· Problem Solving and Resource Allocation – Must be able to analyze information, identify alternatives, and make sound, logical decisions. Must maximize utilization of available resources.
· Teamwork & Cooperation – Must be able to build smooth, cooperative working relationships, assisting other team members when possible.
· Time Management and Multi-tasking – Must be able to perform multiple tasks and use time efficiently. Must be able to deal with negative emotions from others, displaying a positive, caring attitude on each interaction.
· Flexibility & Adaptability – Must be able to adapt to change and be flexible in adjusting approach to meet the needs of different situations. Must be able to rotate among job functions as needed.
· Computer Knowledge – Must be knowledgeable of Windows based programs, with experience using Mitchell or a similar repair software package.