Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
The Road To Success Starts Here!
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking career-minded individuals for our Backup and Recovery Specialist opportunity in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Strategic and tactical support of our Enterprise Backup (Veritas NetBackup) application.
- Performs leadership role in the design and administration of backup policies.
- Creates, maintains, reviews and updates Enterprise Backup (Veritas NetBackup) controls.
- Ensures backup data is offloaded to tape to meet IS and business requirements.
- Supports backup solutions and tape rotations in multiple data centers and multiple call center locations.
- Provides 24x7x365 coordination of backups with Network Operation Center and Production Control.
- Works with IS teams to ensure compliance with ACE data retention policies and standards. Works with IS teams to ensure the recoverability of applications.
- Creates, maintains, reviews and updates Enterprise Job Scheduling controls (BMC Control-M). Develops batch job schedules to manage NetBackup policy executions.
- Monitors daily batch job processing for success and takes necessary actions to resolve failures.
- Codes programs for automation solutions in PowerShell, and C Sharp or similar languages.
- Creates, validates and/or updates Operations Documentation and recovery instructions.
- Develops detailed solutions through analysis of problems and supplied software.
- Shares in 24x7 on-call responsibilities, maintaining the availability and performance of production batch processing as well as production control workflows.
- Responsible for software product support and for interfacing with vendors, application and systems programming in troubleshooting, applying fixing and installing new releases.
- Develop and manage Data Center Services (DCS) projects utilizing Clarizen, MS project and MS office software.
- Represent DCS on Information System (IS) projects and primary team member for DCS software upgrades and replacement projects.
- Perform complex second level troubleshooting of operations incidents with Job Scheduling, Enterprise Backup, Change Management and batch job processing (mainframe and distributed).
- Develop detailed solutions through analysis of problems and utilizes supplied software solution.
- When necessary leads projects to resolve operational issues.
- Analyze production control business processes, workflows and tools to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Data Center Services organization and makes recommendations to management.
- Business degree in computer science, computer operations, or data processing preferred or 7 years equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience in integrated systems support or job and data recovery functions for a complex, large, multi-platform data center.
- 5 or more years’ experience working on Veritas, NetBackup solutions managing distributed servers and data backups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to program in PowerShell, and C-Sharp scripting languages.
- Web development preferred, but not required.
· Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
· Life Insurance
· Disability Coverage
· 401k Savings Plan
· Employee Discounts
· Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
“Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.