The Agricultural and Labor Program, Inc. Board of Directors is seeking a highly motivated executive leader to direct its operations. The Agricultural and Labor Program, Inc. (ALPI) headquartered in Lake Alfred, Florida is an IRS certified 501(c) (3) private, nonprofit organization. The Agricultural and Labor Program is a direct descendent of The Agricultural and Labor Project, established in 1968 by the Coca-Cola Company to improve the quality of life for farmworkers in their Florida citrus operations. Today, ALPI serves the total spectrum of socially and economically disadvantaged children and families throughout Florida. ALPI’s mission is to propose, implement, and advocate developmental and human service delivery programs for the socially and economically disadvantaged; children and families; and farmworkers.
General Description: The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be a seasoned, collaborative, and communicative leader who understands how to move a diverse range of stakeholders forward through collaboration, communication, inspiration, and motivation. The successful candidate will also bring a passion for the Agricultural and Labor Program’s mission and vision, exceptional management skills, and a deep belief in helping socially and economically disadvantaged become self-sufficient.
The CEO of The Agricultural and Labor Program, Inc. will possess the following “key” attributes and competencies:
- Mission Stewardship: The CEO will have a demonstrated passion for the mission, vision and history of ALPI and a commitment to the Agency’s strategic focus. The CEO will possess the ability to work effectively with the Board and staff to define and effectively communicate the Agency’s mission within the organization and to various stakeholders and ensure that it’s being implemented effectively.
- Human Resource Management: The CEO will have a demonstrated ability to build and manage a workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs. The CEO will also have a demonstrated ability to build, nurture, and retain a strong senior staff team that is focused on impact, excellence, and accountability. The CEO will be an individual of unquestioned integrity, ethics, and values who can be trusted without reservation and will inspire and motivate others.
- Organizational Strategic Planning: The CEO will be an experienced leader with the background and skills to work effectively with the Board to establish the strategic direction of the Agency. The CEO will be a proven strategic thinker with the foresight, capacity, and experience to understand and balance complex and distinct constituent needs. The CEO will also will have the ability to diagnose critical areas for attention and develop and implement clear, action-oriented strategies that address challenging problems with thoughtful, effective solutions that engender Broad support and position the organization for future success.
- Board Relations: The CEO will be exceptionally skilled at developing, building, and sustaining an excellent working relationship with the Board. The CEO will also be an experienced leader with the background and skills to work with the Board to help ensure that it is properly constituted and trained to conduct effective governance and to chart a course for the next chapter of impact for the organization.
- Building Community Relationships: The CEO will have a demonstrated ability to purposefully build connections and relationships with various constituencies and look for ways to represent and blend the different perspectives of each in the process.
Building Strategic Partnerships: The CEO will have a demonstrated ability to build, maintain, and use positive relationships with individuals, groups, organizations, and institutions that are, or might be, important in helping the ALPI achieve its mission. The CEO will be proactive in initiating and strengthening relationships with all constituents through a systematic cultivation plan designed to increase support of the agency over the long term.
Communications: The CEO will be an effective voice for ALPI, helping to guide messaging, communicate about new initiatives and developments to stakeholders, and generally build awareness of the organization’s work. An influential and persuasive communicator, the CEO will have an inspired ability to build community using accessible language to explain information, strategy, and processes to individuals with differing levels of familiarity.
Accountability and Evaluation Management: The CEO will possess the ability to work effectively with the Board and staff to establish accountability standards and systems that track the Agency’s effectiveness and impact.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The CEO will provide direct supervision to the Executive Office Assistant; Budget & Finance Director; Program Operations & Quality Control Director; Human Resources Director; Community Service & Economic Services Division Deputy Director; and the Child Development and Family Services Division Deputy Director.
Education and Experience Requirements
: Master’s degree in Business, Social Work, Public Administration or Human Services field, preferred; Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Social Work, or a related field required; minimum of 7 years of experience working at a senior management level for a public and/or human service organization.
NO PHONE CALLS OR DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE AGENCY PLEASE!
Individuals interested in applying for this position should:
- Email cover letter and resume to GLM Management Consulting Group, LLC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to:
GLM Management Consulting Group, LLC
1005 Old Lantern Court, Raleigh, NC 27614
Attention: CEO Position
Compensation: This position is full time and includes Agency benefits of health and dental insurance, 403b plan, sick and vacation pay, and use of Agency vehicle. Salary is negotiable.
Expected Start Date: July 1, 2018
Location/Region: Lake Alfred, FL (US - 33850)