Responsible for pre- and post-sale designs, plans, and furnishings of multiple large/ complex interior environments for commercial and industrial buildings. Consults with sales representative to determine parameters of the project, which include architectural preferences, purpose and function of environment, budget, types of construction, equipment to be installed, and other factors which affect planning interior environments and delivers complex design ideas through presentation boards, binders, floor plans, isometrics, and other drawings or illustrations and/or perspectives to successfully communicate the design theme and plan to the sales representative and customer.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. This position requires knowledge of mathematical calculations and basic application of geometry and algebra acquired through formal education, or 2 - 3 years on-the-job application.
- Space planning software and equipment
- Problem solving skills with the ability to provide solutions to practical problems
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects with multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Organizational and project management skills with the ability to multiple and often conflicting demands of sales representatives
- Previous furniture dealership experience, minimum of 3 years
- Experience with contract and mid-market furniture vendors a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD required; experience with CAP Studio, Adobe Creative Suites and other industry software a plus.
- Proven skill in written and verbal communication.
- Strong presentation skills required both content and delivery.
- Ability to prioritize activities, determines the right tactics, and select appropriate product solutions.
- Highly detailed, process-oriented and organized.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to motivate others through enthusiasm, passion and empathy in a team environment.
- Highly collaborative individual offers different skill sets and perspectives to projects.
- Participates in strategic account planning, offering appropriate product solutions and creating consultative relationships with sales representatives, designers and customers.
- Executes RFP and Bid response support, which includes content creation, gathering supporting documentation and customizing responses on a project-to-project basis.
- Interprets RFP and bid requirements for the development of a design concept and layout, which is appropriate to specific areas, activities, organizational levels, and budget considerations.
- Renders design ideas through presentation boards, binders, floor plans, isometrics, and other drawings or illustrations and/or perspectives to successfully communicate the design theme and plan to the client for approval.
- Executes all CAP functions necessary in specification, management or organization of project data.
- Executes color and finish schedules. Executes complete specification for furnishings, upholstery, accessories, window, wall, and floor treatment.
- Maintains RFP and bid response timelines by coordinating project team responsibilities to successfully meet all project expectations and deadlines.
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.