This position will provide support and assistance to the Associate General Counsel - Real Estate by performing various paralegal, administrative, and clerical functions, which functions require strong organizational skills. Paralegal will work closely with attorney assisting with the closing of complex commercial mortgage loan and real estate acquisitions and sales transactions, real estate development and construction, and various other business law practice matters.? Also, the position requires the preparation of loan abstracts, closing checklists and transaction documents, coordination with internal and external parties, review of due diligence, and preparing and maintaining files and closing binders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Associate General Counsel - Real Estate in the organization of files for the purchase, sale and mortgage loan financing of real property and preparation of closing binders and loan abstracts.
- Assist the Associate General Counsel - Real Estate by drafting and tracking legal documents pertaining to transactions. Performing pre-closing, closing, and follow-up duties by contacting and communicating with title companies, surveyors, realtors, government agencies, etc.
- Maintain real estate master file form documents in an orderly and organized manner.
- Assist the Associate General Counsel - Real Estate with filing, document revisions, correspondence, and other clerical functions to improve the efficiency and performance of the department.
- Legal research and related analysis of real estate and business transactions of a complexity ranging from basic to moderate.
- Coordinate with multiple internal and external business discipline areas.
- Troubleshoot semi-routine problems requiring an established set of guidelines for resolution (management guidance provided).
- Answering telephone/screening calls and communicating all messages.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers
- Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and guests. Please refer to the safety section in the Associate Handbook for specific examples.
Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Minimum of 5 years commercial real estate paralegal and legal assistant work experience.
- Paralegal Certificate/Degree preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational and clerical skills including attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software programs, including Word, Work Share Compare, or other red-line document program, and I-Manage, WorkSpace or FileSite.
- Ability to read and interpret legal and title transaction documents
- Ability to communicate effectively by writing and verbally internally with Turnberry team members and externally
- Must be able to stand, walk, and sit
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and crouch
- Must use hands to reach, grasp, and handle
- Must be able to push, pull and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must have good near and far vision
- Must be able to hear and talk
- Majority of duties performed indoors. Noise level moderate.