Description: The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Community Manger in all property operations. The purpose of the Assistant Manager is to effectively assist the Community Manager to supervise, manage and coordinate persons, activities and available resources in order to accomplish each property’s objectives as set forth by the property owner. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels, income and property values; monitoring expenditures; and ensuring the properties are managed in accordance with industry standards. In addition, the Assistant Manager is responsible to see that each property follows and abides by all company polices. Full time position with benefit package include Health/Life insurance, vision, dental, 401K and paid time off. EOE
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Personally inspect common areas and buildings to monitor the appearance, cleanliness, maintenance, attractiveness, and safety of the property
- Sets appointments, shows apartments, certifies potential residents and maintain a high percentage of occupancy.
- Performs primary duties using computer system. Keeps current on system changes and maintains system information.
- Manage processing of applications to ensure rapid turnover of vacant apartments while following selection criteria. Ensure new residents are properly moved in and complete move-in inspection form before turning over keys.
- Ensures departing residents are properly moved out and all paperwork is completed including final account statements and collections packets.
- Maintain positive customer relations with current and prospective residents. Initiate and implement policies/procedures to address resident concerns; e.g. service requests, noise complaints, etc.
- Communicates frequently with the Community Manager on vital needs of the community
- Enforces lease and other government rules and regulations, including Fair Housing laws, building safety, health codes, and local ordinances.
- Perform evictions, utility shut-offs and landlord liens as required on delinquent rents
- Maintain constant vendor/contractor communication concerning work scheduling, billing, and certificates of insurance
- Ensures that all reports including traffic and availability reports, file inspection, lease renewal and delinquency are complete and filed timely.
- Resolve day-to-day resident problems and concerns including maintenance, parking, rent or other charges, safety and security.
- Communicates important information to residents with well-written notices written in a positive manner
- Section 42 experience preferred
- Prior leasing experience preferred
- Proven track record in sales
- Outstanding customer service
- A complete understanding of Fair Housing
- Basic understanding of human nature and what motivates different personality types
- A thorough understanding of apartment rent collection procedures
- Very strong mathematical, organizational, and sales skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Very strong leadership skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with others
- Strong computer and phone skills
- Monday-Friday: 9 AM-6 PM, Poentially Saturdays: 8 AM-12 PM