The Office of Residence Life at James Madison University is accepting applications for a Student Learning Initiatives (SLI) Coordinator. The SLI Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of the First Year Involvement (FYI) Resource Center serving approximately 6,000 residential students. The SLI Coordinator contributes to the development of a department wide programming model and supports a student learning and customer service point of view.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the daily operation of the FYI Center.
- Develop and manage the FYI Program to support and assist first year residential students in their transition to college. Be familiar with and implement student development and learning theories, and research regarding freshmen and sophomore students in program creation.
- Maintain current records on all aspects of programs. Coordinate programming training for hall staff groups.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the departmental programming model designed for first year and sophomore students. Familiarize and incorporate current literature and research on residence hall community development, student development and learning theories into the overall residence life program.
- Complete monthly and annual program reports on hall programming efforts. Recommend changes to programming model as necessary. Provide support and feedback to area directors concerning programming progress in individual residence halls.
- Select, train, supervise and evaluate one graduate assistant for the academic year and one graduate intern for the summer session. Guide and participate in selection process for FYI Center student staff.
- Monitor progress of and report on specific projects.
- Work in collaboration with Academic Affairs to provide student learning opportunities within the residence halls.
- Coordinate and advise resident student advisory board.
- Coordinate the development of community activities boards in each of the residence halls.
- Represent the department at functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in student personnel or related field required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Residence Life experience required; two years of full-time residence life experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
To apply go to our website and reference posting number F1080. Salary range is $34,000 - $38,000.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.