The Knoxville Choral Society (KCS) is a 120 member chorus dedicated to maintaining a rich tradition of choral excellence for its members and audiences.
The Knoxville Choral Society is seeking qualified applicants for the position of director.
The successful applicant will possess:
- An understanding of healthy vocal production for both men and women.
- A working knowledge of foreign languages commonly used in choral literature.
Duties of the successful applicant will include:
- Serving as rehearsal leader and primary conductor of the KCS.
- Choosing performance literature.
- Setting the calendar for all concerts and rehearsals.
- Selecting performance venues.
- Submitting program information to the president (or designee) as requested.
- Attend all meetings of the KCS Board.
- Attend all functions of the KCS.
This is a salaried position. Compensation will be negotiated with the KCS Board.
All serious applicants should submit their resumes to: