Our busy car dealership, Harchelroad Motors in Imperial Nebraska, has a parts and service center to serve our customers and to provide in-house warranty fulfillment on previous car sales. To ensure optimum customer service, we’re hiring a Service Advisor to work one-on-one with our clients. The Service Advisor’s job will be to advise customers on the available parts and service options when their vehicles need repairs. We’re counting on you to develop extensive product knowledge and to serve all of our customers with a friendly smile and honest guidance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet customers when they arrive at the service department.
- Consult with mechanics about necessary repairs and alternatives to expensive work
- Provide customers with in-depth information about available aftermarket part options
- Answer questions about service outcome (after consulting with mechanic if necessary)
- Advise customers about warranty protections and potential cost savings
- Help customers decide between trading in a car and fixing it through the shop
- Oversee the service center’s workflow and scheduling
- Call customers to let them know their vehicle is ready for pick-up
- Various duties as assigned by the Service Manager
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma/GED required
- Extensive knowledge of automotive industry and parts
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate equally well with mechanics, customers and management