Highly structured & successful before/after school program seeking Extended Care Director for local private school. Competitive wages & benefits.
EXTENDED CARE DIRECTOR
Who we are:
We are a highly structured before and after school Program offering academic, spiritual, social, physical and social enrichment activities for the students of St. Joseph School.
Qualifications for Extended Care Director:
- Must be at least 21 years of age; and
- Have at least 1 year of training and/or experience in management and supervision of adults, AND
- Possess a Food Handlers AND First Aid/CPR certification or be willing to obtain them immediately after hire; and
- Must be enrolled in the Central Background Registry; and
- Possess valid Driver’s License.
- Have knowledge of child development for school age children (ages 5-12) as evidenced from education, professional references, experience or training, OR
- Have at least an Associate’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or any out of field degree, OR
- Documentation showing that you’ve attained a STEP 9 in the Oregon Registry.
Duties & Scope:
Develop and implement program of activities and ensure they are appropriate according to age, interest and development level of children. Position encounters frequent new and varied work situations. Incumbent determines own practices and procedures and contributes to the development of new concepts. Position operates independently with minimal supervision. Must be on the premises during all hours of operation unless a substitute director is assigned to work in his/her absence.
Administrative functions include financial management, maintaining records, budgeting, policy development and updating, contract revisions, staff orientation, management and training, meal planning and preparation and transportation (during summer program).
- Maintain positive and caring environment in which all staff members observe all school policies.
- Review and maintain compliance with all Office of Child Care regulations:
- Maintain program files for the OCC certification process
- Maintain accurate record keeping for school needs
- Schedule Fire Inspections annually
- Schedule Health & Sanitation Inspections annually
- Schedule CACFP/USDA training annually
- Establish procedures for the smooth and efficient running of the program, including budgeting and purchasing.
- Create daily routine of procures/expectations, such as sign-in/out sheets
- Provide storage for students’ personal belongings
- Handle budgeting in collaboration with management
- Arrange for cleaning and maintenance of the daycare facility
- Handle ordering and purchasing supplies.
- Research and write grants for summer program funding.
- Plan staff shifts.
- Prepare monthly billing and receipts. Prepare annual tax statements.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding care needs.
- Collaborate with Principal on school policies to ensure consistent observance of school rules.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Extended care teachers, aides, and program volunteers.
Hours, Pay & Benefits:
Work schedule is ¾ time with the potential of full-time. Wages negotiable. Benefits include health, dental, vision and retirement. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.