The Finance and HR Assistant manages Payroll, Accounts Payable, and other General and Program Accounting responsibilities, coordinates Human Resource functions, and provides General Office Support.
Reports to: Controller & HR Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages and processes Accounts Payable and monthly Accounts Receivable billing.
- Manages and processes bi-weekly payroll.
- Manages other General, Grant, and Program Accounting duties as assigned.
- Tracks Social Worker expense budgets.
- Assists Controller & HR Manager with month-end closing.
- Assists with preparing for annual audit.
- Prepares Finance Committee minutes and assists with meeting arrangements and communications.
- Manages and maintains employee records, insuring all required employment paperwork is completed, filed, and kept confidential.
- Assists Controller & HR Manager with FMLA process.
- Supervises Operations Assistant & Receptionist in Quickbooks and Salesforce reconciliation quarterly.
- Tracks staff PTO earnings, requests, and usage.
- Assists Controller & HR Manager in ACA reporting process.
- Assists Controller & HR Manager with Health Insurance enrollment & other benefit related tasks.
- Manages Operations Assistant & Receptionist in distributing employee handbooks, new employee packets, benefit forms, and other information as needed.
- Communicates with job applicants as requested.
- Manages Operations Assistant & Receptionist in placing job ads and sending notification letters.
- Prepares HR Committee minutes and coordinates agenda, meeting arrangements and communications.
- Assists with special events and hospitality when needed.
- Attends staff, HR, Audit & Risk and Finance Committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Three or more years working in bookkeeping, office management and/or human resources with a strong knowledge of computers and computer software, especially QuickBooks, Excel and Word.
- Flexibility to occasionally adjust schedule to work as early as 7:00 am or evening/weekend hours.
- Licensed and insured driver with personal vehicle that can be used for business purposes.
- Exhibits professionalism and positive attitude.
- Proves to be reliable, hardworking and honest.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizer and communicator.
- Works well independently and also with teams.
- Protects and maintains confidentiality at all times.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Youth First will not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, assignment, evaluation, promotion, discipline, termination, or any other employment action on the basis of any characteristic or class, which is now or may in the future become protected by law. Employment with Youth First is based solely on qualifications and competence for the particular position to be filled. Since such qualifications and competencies are not peculiar to any type or class of individuals, and since Youth First recognizes the value of a diverse workforce, there will be no discrimination in employment decisions and actions on the basis of age, race, gender, color, national origin, disability, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation.