KCC Companies, an employee-owned heating and cooling manufacturer located in Jeffersontown, Kentucky, is advertising an opening for the following position: Quality Engineer.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for improving product quality, increasing efficiency, and reducing operating costs, by reducing variation in the outputs of manufacturing and other business operations. This is achieved through standardizing processes, work instructions, and documents utilized in these operations; and ensuring compliance to them. Will design and implement metrics to monitor effectiveness; and adjust processes as necessary. Will ensure customer satisfaction and improve products and processes through the analysis and correction of product failures which occur in the field and process failures which occur in-house.
- Develop and implement standardized business and manufacturing processes.
- Maintain library of all existing processes and associated documentation.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled process audits to assess compliance and capability.
- Investigate and resolve issues impacting customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement corrective and preventive actions resulting from non-conformance.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators and supporting data collection systems.
- May be required to fit or assemble fabricated parts together to assess effectiveness of assembly methods, training, and documentation; and modify processes accordingly.
- May consult with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to investigate and resolve issues and to implement improvements.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Must be self-motivated and goal-oriented, with a strong personal drive for success.
- Organization and time management skills are critical.
- Must be willing and able to take the lead in the implementation of improvement actions.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and read various metrology tools, including but not limited to: calipers, micrometer, height gauge, depth gauge.
- Advanced operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Familiarization with ERP system operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer or Process Engineer in a Lean manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma is required; Six Sigma project completion is a plus, Green Belt certification is a plus.
- HVAC experience is a strong plus.
- Project management experience is a strong plus.
- Must be able to stand from six (6) to eight (8) hours per day.
- Ability to perform activities including bending, stooping, standing, lifting up-to 50 lbs.
About this company
KCC Manufacturing is a leading developer and provider of HVAC and roof system products. Founded in 1987, Kentuckiana Curb Company, Inc., now KCC Manufacturing, has achieved impressive growth by operating on these simple principles: Outstanding customer service, Competitive prices, The highest quality products shipped and delivered on time. KCC Manufacturing’s two facilities allow them to ship anywhere in North America, giving you the advantages of competitive freight rates and faster delivery.