Apply on-line: Log on to www.kentww.com/careers/, create an account and upload your resume.
Kent Corporation announces new Enterprise Innovation Group. Focused innovation will accelerate growth and allow Kent to achieve its growth goals for revenue and earnings long into the future. Kent Corporation is actively looking for a Director, Market Research who will provide insight into global trends, market and competitive information along with analysis capability.
Provide corporate leadership in the design and development of enterprise market research, tracking and reporting on competitive intelligence, market potential, market penetration and new business opportunities. Provides senior management with findings to predict future market conditions to optimize asset and investment allocation along with improving overall business performance. Work collaboratively with the Innovation Team, Executive Committee and all departments in our business units.
Participate in the process for identifying business growth ideas, providing the market and supporting trends surrounding new product and process development projects in addition to confirming and justifying the opportunity is worth investing further time and money.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and develop corporate market research function. Connects the work with marketing teams within Kent Corporation Business Units, leveraging the current research while providing overall strategic direction and focus for market research at Kent.
• Identifies methodologies, processes and systems to help the organization move to market and data focused decision making and opportunity generation.
• Identify current sources used by business units for market research and identify additional external expertise required to carry out research and competitive intelligence development. Collaborate and share research interdependently with business units and executive leadership. Help to educate the organization to be more market focused.
• Design, develop and deliver a competitive intelligence, market assessment and customer behavior trends, developing reporting content, implications and processes for the enterprise. Translate insight into robust competitive strategies, initiatives, and recommended actions that can drive the right growth opportunities. Serves as an expert on contemporary industry research practices for the enterprise. Clearly communicates for each constituency to understand the information and implications to the business.
• Analyze the organization’s competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers and strengths/weaknesses compared with competitors to identify the best opportunities to leverage growth.
• Engage others in the Innovation team and entire organization to develop solutions, anticipate the implications and consequences and recommend appropriate action plans while being respectful, fostering differing opinions, inputs and perspectives.
• Cultivate acquaintances with outside organizations, universities, or experts which may be of strategic benefit to Kent. Maintain memberships and participate in trade and professional associations to ensure outside perspective, industry practices and trends.
• Deals with ambiguity
• Business Acumen
• Comfort with all mgmt levels
• Innovation Management
• Peer relationships
• Presentation skills
• Strategic agility
• Time management,
• Business thinker - can take complex information and translate to business application
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree with Master’s Degree preferred in business, marketing, or market research
• Proven ability to lead and explain analytical and statistical information for use in business decision making
• Personal maturity to evaluate and manage uncertainty and stress effectively
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously while understanding the enterprise view and impact
• Excellent oral and written communications, able to collaborate and engage others respectfully to build strong relationships and be part of a highly functioning team
• Strong commitment to personal learning, development and growth
• Ten years or more years of experience with middle management level experience
• Experience and ability to translate market research into insights that drive business conclusions
• Strong research, statistics, data analytics knowledge base/subject matter expertise
• Proven ability to lead and contribute to development and implementation of strategic plans
• Strong business acumen, translating market research into actionable work that drives growth and profitability
• Experience in global market research and trend analysis
• Ability to influence others without direct authority and build collaboration with other departments and groups
• Experience leading and working with research tools, studies and methodologies such as SAS, Qualtrics, Ethonographies, Conjoint, Segmentation and Market Structures to glean actionable insights
• Role is located in Muscatine, Iowa at corporate headquarters
• Travel to business unit locations, industry meetings or to gather market intelligence is required with amount based on business need
Kent Corporation and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Policies, procedures and personnel programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, union membership, veteran status and all other protected statuses. All employment related decisions are based solely upon legitimate job related factors.