KCC Companies, an employee-owned heating and cooling manufacturer located in Jeffersontown, Kentucky, is advertising an opening for the following position: Quality Technician.
The Quality Technician is responsible for ensuring that finished goods meet specifications and customer expectations. This is achieved through inspection of received materials, audits of production processes, and verification of the finished product prior to shipping. The technician will also assist with other activities to ensure customer satisfaction and improve products and processes.
- Perform manufacturing process audits to assess compliance and capability.
- Perform inspections of incoming material to evaluate supplier quality.
- Assist with investigation of product failures which occur in the field.
- Develop and implement corrective and preventive actions resulting from non-conformances.
- Audit business and manufacturing processes to validate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Record production data and support data collection systems.
- Assist Quality Engineer with metric analysis and reporting of key performance indicator.
- May be required to fit or assemble fabricated parts together to assess issues with parts quality and/or assembly methods; and report findings to drive corrective actions.
- May consult with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve assembly issues and to implement improvements
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Must be self-motivated and goal-oriented, with a strong personal drive for success.
- Organization and time management skills are critical.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and read various metrology tools, including but not limited to: calipers, micrometer, height gauge, depth gauge.
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Associates degree; Engineering or Engineering Technology course work is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- HVAC experience is a strong plus.
- Must be able to stand from six (6) to eight (8) hours per day.
- Ability to perform activities including bending, stooping, standing, lifting up-to 50 lbs.
About this company
KCC Manufacturing is a leading developer and provider of HVAC and roof system products. Founded in 1987, Kentuckiana Curb Company, Inc., now KCC Manufacturing, has achieved impressive growth by operating on these simple principles: Outstanding customer service, Competitive prices, The highest quality products shipped and delivered on time. KCC Manufacturing’s two facilities allow them to ship anywhere in North America, giving you the advantages of competitive freight rates and faster delivery.