Participates as a key member of operations and project teams, responsible for investigation, analysis, and documentation of business requirements. Facilitates and manages the translation of business requirements to technical requirements to support process, product or software. Serves as a liaison between IT and operations. Works closely with Quality and IT teams to ensure testing includes appropriate test scenarios. Leads process improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
* Maintains high degree of understanding of departmental business processes.
* Supports major HDP enterprise applications and others as assigned.
* Creates functional/technical business requirements.
* Owns specific functionality and processes; responsible for configuration, testing, and communication regarding this functionality/process.
* Participates in and manages internal and external (vendor) activities related to software implementation, change, or improvement.
* Leads escalation of issues with appropriate resources.
* Develops policies and procedures in collaboration with the business unit, other team members, and IT management team.
* Supports/troubleshoots inbound/outbound interfaces as appropriate.
* Participates in change management activities to support successful system deployments and enhancements.
* Collaborates with necessary internal and external staff in developing training materials on new features and functions.
* Prepares detailed flowcharts/diagrams to assist with design decisions and problem analysis.
* Leads the analysis of business workflow in conjunction with the business departments; workflows will focus on improved efficiencies.
* Assists with data collection from business subject matter experts, to facilitate design.
* Recognizes problems, develops relevant facts, formulates alternative solutions and works with stakeholders to decide on appropriate conclusions.
* Identifies opportunities and leads process improvement initiatives as assigned by management.
* Develops knowledge to maintain the ability to utilize the available technology to its fullest potential.
* Establishes effective working relationships with end users, IT, and vendors.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
* 4+ years of experience supporting applications preferred.
* Experience in third party administrator (TPA) or healthcare setting is highly desired.
* Ability to work in a team environment is required.
* Project management experience a plus.
* Must be detail oriented and organized, with good time management, analytical and problem solving ability.
* Ability to function independently.
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Technical writing experience specific to documentation of business and technical requirements.
* Experience using agile methodologies preferred.
o Defining user stories and acceptance criteria
o Obtaining stakeholder signoff
o Responsible to build, prune and maintain the product backlog
o Owns the Team backlog and implementation
o Reviews and re-prioritizes the backlog for grooming ceremonies
Special Skills and Knowledge Required
* Working knowledge of EDI, with an understanding of HIPAA electronic healthcare data files and the EDI standard formats strongly preferred.
* Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Visio. Demonstrated ability to use PCs, and MS Office Suite.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Hudson, OH (US - 44236)