Pre-Access Pre Registration Representative – Maitland
Maitland seeks to hire Pre-Access Pre Registration Representative who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1908, Florida Hospital is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The Maitland Office Plaza houses our highly skilled teams that support our hospital system including Marketing, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Management, the Credit Union and Human Resources. The Trickel Building, a two-story office structure, creates an atmosphere of health and healing, with a healthy-style café and quaint chapel. The main lobby is filled with lush greenery and a light trickle of water, creating a holistic environment.
Florida Hospital Patient Access and Preaccess– offers world-class customer service and is often the patients’ first impression at our mission-centric organization. As patient advocacy ambassadors, the team contributes positively to patient experience, patient safety, throughput, regulatory compliance and securing financial stability across the system. Our team of highly engaged registration and concierge staff assist patients, providing them with knowledge on medical insurance benefits and options to take care of patient financial responsibility. Patient Access is located throughout the seven Florida Hospital campuses (Orlando, Altamonte, Apopka, East, Winter Park, Kissimmee and Celebration) and Trickle Building in Maitland
Monday-Thursday (Shifts will vary from 7:00am-3:30pm or 10:30am-7:00pm) & Friday 7:00am-5:30pm
Directly communicates with patients telephonically to verify patient demographics and insurance information. Ensures all financial obligations are communicated to patients clearly, updated on account, and detailed to ensure expeditious processing of patient accounts at time of visit. Appropriately collects and/or sets payment arrangements with patients or their representative, scheduling payments on deposits due, which may include screening of patients for enrollment in available credit option programs. Meets or exceeds audit accuracy standard goal determined by Patient Access Leadership. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- 1 year experience in Patient Financial Services, Patient Access or related area (registration, finance, collections, customer service, medical office, or contract management)
- Uses discretion when discussing personnel/patient related issues that are confidential in nature.
- Responsive to ever-changing matrix of hospital needs and acts accordingly
- Self-motivator, quick thinker.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in performance of basic math functions
- Ability of communicating professionally and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Bilingual (English/additional language) (preferred)
- High school diploma or GED (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Performs and processes accurate Pre-Registration procedures to meet the needs of Patient Access/Patient Financial Services Department in order to ensure expeditious and accurate payments on patient accounts, meeting productivity standards established by Leadership.
- Meets or exceeds audit accuracy standard goal determined by Patient Access Leadership. Ensures integrity of patient accounts, entering accurate data, and documenting all attempts made to collect and/or obtain missing documentation.
- Verifies required financial and demographic information by phone interview in a professional manner, demonstrating a regard for dignity of all patients and family members. Ensures all financial obligations are communicated to patients clearly, updated on account, and detailed to ensure expeditious processing of patient accounts at time of visit.
- Appropriately collects and/or sets payment arrangements with patients or their representative, scheduling payments on deposits due, which may include screening of patients for enrollment in available credit option programs. Documents all attempts for collections, using approved verbiage, timely and consistently. Proactively seeks assistance to improve collections.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of Predictive Dialer system. Makes productive use of “after call time” by completing accounts as defined by Leadership and standards of overall time and pause time under defined standard of Predictive Dialer Statistics.
- Expedites close of patient calls within time frame goal established by department Leadership, completing all data entry verification of information and collections during patient call.
- Maintains a current and thorough knowledge of utilizing online and system tools available, working from manual reports during system downtime. Maintains sign-on access to online tools in order to provide consistent service to patients, clinical partners, and Patient Access team members. Assists Pre-Access staff with team reports and projects to maintain team and individual productivity standards and goals. )
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations by verifying pertinent information to determine caller authorization level receiving information on account.)
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Pre-Access Pre Registration Representative opportunity with Maitland and apply online today.
Pre-Access Pre Registration Representative, Patient Access, Scheduling, Patient Financial