The Grounds Attendant for the Facilities Services Department performs various tasks and other projects related to grounds maintenance. This is an Essential Personnel position which can require that the incumbent must report for duty and work through emergencies, and also can be designated by the supervisor as essential for the accomplishment of work, or for the completion of a critical task. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Ability to comprehend safety regulations related to all aspects of landscape maintenance
- Ability to work cooperatively with other diverse personalities, education, and cultural backgrounds
- Must be able to comprehend orders of the supervisor
- Ability to lift materials up to 80 pounds
- Must be punctual on a daily basis and available for overtime work when needed. Must be willing to participate in safety, training or disaster programs
- Position may require late evening, overnight, weekend, and holiday working hours. May be required to work overtime
- No experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Drivers license and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle policy criteria to become authorized as a driver
- Experience in the field of horticulture maintenance
How To Apply
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job. This position will close on Sunday, December 24, 2017
. Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.