Develop, implement and administer company wide total compensation programs and initiatives. Provide consultative and technical guidance regarding compensation programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with management in designing, developing and creating comprehensive compensation plans, procedures, policies and pay philosophy that will attract and retain employees.
- Monitor existing compensation plans, procedures and policies and recommend modifications.
- Make recommendations for streamlining processes. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Work with line management, HR Business Partners and the Talent Management organization in administering pay programs.
- Work with IT and HRIS staff to ensure PeopleSoft and SuccessFactors meet requirements of Compensation programs.
- Maintain Job Code Table, Salary Plan Table and salary Grade Tables in PeopleSoft.
- Complete salary survey submissions and utilize results for the development of start rates, site wage proposals, salary structures and equity studies
- Analyze market survey data and recommend equitable placement of new and modified positions in the company salary structure.
- Provide recommendations on pay actions (external offers, promotions, equities, etc.) utilizing survey sources, market references, internal equity and other data as appropriate.
- Verify and approve PCD’s. Track promotions to approved budget.
- Provide advisory and consulting assistance to line management, supervision and employees
- Work with management and payroll to resolve pay issues
- Support internal and external audits including ICP, PBA and SOX Audits.
- Administer Executive and Management Incentive Compensation, Long Term Incentive Compensation and Deferred Compensation Programs for selected participants
- Administer annual company incentive program. Develop incentive grid. Communicate process and issue discussion guides to management. Coordinate payout with IT and Payroll.
- Develop, update and maintain Company Compensation Guidelines.
- Ensure Bargaining Unit increases are processed in accordance with the Contract.
- Administrate annual PBA Process. Make salary level change recommendations based on market data and impact on other jobs at STP. Develop PBA Grid. Communicate process and pay discussion guides with management.
- Administer the job description process. Establish salary levels and FLSA status for new jobs. Write or assist departments in writing or revising job descriptions. Ensure job descriptions are in JDMS.
- Work with HRIS in ensuring organizational changes are input with correct reporting relationships, titles, salaries and effective dates.
- Develop and make recommendations for the update of the Engineering Step Program for entry level engineers.
- Administer Acting Pay Program
- Provide data for bargaining unit negotiations as requested.
- Provide Incentive projections to Finance and Accounting during budget process.
- Accept Outage position as needed.
- Accept ERO position as needed.
- Assume leadership roles on special projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Human Resources Management. Without a
Degree five (5) years of professional experience in Compensation.
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
In addition to the Education Requirements above, the following additional experience is required:
Senior Compensation Analyst - five (5) years professional Human Resources experience including three years Compensation experience.
- SPECIAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to maintain unescorted access to the South Texas Project Nuclear Operating Company.
- Ability to design, develop, implement and administer compensation programs and policies.
- Ability to create proposals, job descriptions and written documentation in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to provide advisory assistance to management, supervision and employees.
- Ability to comprehend Company goals and objectives, organizational structure, policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to analyze problems and offer alternative solutions.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to use a personal computer and current station software packages.
- Ability to perform statistical computations.
- Knowledge of current compensation trends and practices.
- Ability to analyze difficult problems, present effective solutions and anticipate future consequences.
- Responsive to and maintains an effective relationship with station departments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and adapt messages to target audience.
- Predominantly normal office environment with some field observation.
- Overtime as needed.
- Continuous viewing of computer screen.
To Apply - Interested parties must apply for this position on-line through the STP Careers portal on the STP Nuclear Operating Company website: stpegs.com
STP NUCLEAR OPERATING COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER