Vice President - Testing & Balancing/Commissioning Agency
Our firm is in its 22nd year as an firm with specialized skills in technical commissioning and testing, adjusting, and balancing. We are a company of passionate, creative Commissioning Agents & Field Technicians dedicated to providing solutions that not only meet but exceed our clients’ expectations. When hiring a new team member at sys-tek, that is the spirit we look for in every candidate.
The Vice President (VP) of our Houston office is responsible for leading and managing project teams consisting of sales/marketing, project managers, and technicians to deliver exceptional results for our clients. The Vice President is an executive level position, and is expected to identify, propose, manage, and close Commissioning and TAB projects that generate profits for sys-tek. The Vice President is ultimately responsible for the general management of several projects and teams, as well as the day to day operations for the sys-tek Houston office.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university required with concentrations in Construction, Architecture, Engineering or Business. Licensed Professional Engineer preferred.
- At least ten years of experience at a commercial construction general contractor or in a related position.
- Experience with HVAC systems is required.
- Ideal candidate would have proven success in organizing, managing and operating a general contracting sector, division or office.
- Able to develop existing and new clients, and increase work acquisition and revenue stream.
- Manage project team and managers, and develop talent for the next level.
- Leadership skills above the norm, strong character and integrity.
- Ability to produce detailed estimates, budgets, and proposals; technical writing skills desired.
- Skilled in Business Development, marketing knowledge, and the seller-doer model.
- Manage entrepreneurial project process from onset to close out, including Sub/Vendor, HUB plan and In-house personnel.
- Have a proven track record of successful project completions, high client satisfaction and solid profit.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite (ex. Excel, Word, Outlook, Dynamics, etc.)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Ability to tailor style to the audience as appropriate.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Responsible for cost management - strong financial experience in reviewing budgets, estimates for analysis and accuracy.
- Risk Management – is proactive in identifying and mitigating contract and project risks
- Negotiation – must be an excellent negotiator and at the same time being a team builder
- Policies and procedures – is knowledgeable of and enforces company’s policies and procedures
- Must have strong network of Houston industry professionals including brokers, construction managers, architects, property managers, engineers, and subcontractors.
- This position directly supervises operations roles sales/marketing, proposal writing, project managers, and technicians.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the Houston office, and any customers associated with the regional location.
- Full life cycle business operations to include: subcontractor negotiations, procurement, business development and strategy.
- This position reports to the CEO.
- This position has owner contract signature authority in accordance with policy.
- This position is expected to manage and support the project team in pursuit of work, contract execution and financial management.
- Vice Presidents will provide guidance in the hiring process and termination of team members.
- Leadership – carries oneself as the leader and knowledge holder of the project/projects.
Positive attitude & Passion – exhibits a can-do, positive attitude and passion for construction and our industry.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – able to work collaboratively with people of various backgrounds and styles.
- Self-motivated and proactive – takes initiative and seeks responsibility.
- Self-development – seeks continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities.
- Quality – has ability to recognize quality and implements company’s and contractual quality standards.
- Flexibility – with the ever-changing world of technology, design, means and methods and can “roll with the punches” the construction world produces.
- Customer service-oriented and is committed to going above the “normal” call of duty.
- Coaches, trains and educates junior operations staff members
- Client Relationships – able to sustain existing client relationships and develop new client relationships
- Time Management – understands and knows what tasks are more important than others and what needs to be solved immediately and what can wait; helps others prioritize.
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.