Provide personalized banking services ensuring the highest level of quality service is provided to current and prospective customers. Accurately process routine financial transactions for banking customers with an emphasis on personalized quality customer service at all times. Preparing and maintaining various reports, records and files. Promote and cross-sell Bank products and services. Excellent customer service is paramount in the performance of a teller, who is the first line of contact with customers. Maintaining customer confidence and satisfaction through efficient, effective, accurate and courteous processing of transactions is critical to the image presented by the Bank.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process routine financial transactions for banking customers with an emphasis on personalized quality service and in accordance with all Bank policies and procedures.
- Transactions typically include deposits; check cashing, journal transfers, money orders, official checks, sale & redemption of U.S. Savings Bonds, withdrawals, loan payments, loan disbursements, miscellaneous receipts & disbursements, cash advances, provide access to safe deposit boxes, and proficient on use of cash recycler.
- Ensure minimum to zero teller differences and controllable losses. Escalate matters requiring further attention immediately.
- Prove all transactions in accordance with all Bank established procedures and policies.
- Knowledge and adherence of all Bank policies and procedures.
- Adhere to privacy and confidentiality policies when assisting customers in obtaining any account information.
- Foster a relationship banking environment by successfully assessing customer needs and recommending/advising appropriate bank products and services.
- Provide personalized banking services to current and prospective customers, consistently seeking to expand customer satisfaction and retention and provide the highest level quality customer service.
- When needed, assist with filing, money counting, teller cash proof, answering phones, processing mail transactions and/or correspondence, reconciliation of ATM, as well as assisting in coin machine operations and proof, and completing daily audit of miscellaneous items.
- Available to travel within the branch network as needed to ensure adequate branch coverage.
- Daily use of Cash Recycler to include maintenance as needed and proof as designated.
- Ability to prove coin machine and change coin bags when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by Bank Management.
- Excellent inter-personal and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skill – verbal & listening.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Working knowledge of calculator and ability to be trained and efficiently operate banking system.
- Strong basic math ability.
- Ability to learn and retain information.
High School Diploma or equivalent. 1-2 years retail experience in a cash handling capacity preferred.
About this company
Since 1874, Manasquan Bank has been a big part of their communities, helping them grow and prosper with mortgages, construction loans, business loans, and everyday banking like checking and savings accounts. As technology has evolved, so have traditional banking capabilities. Online banking, E-Statements, Bill Pay and now Mobile banking have become mainstays of checking, savings and other accounts and they’re all available fee-free here at Manasquan Bank!
Our staff is friendly, knowledgeable and ready to help you attain your goals; whether it’s saving for your first home, obtaining working capital to grow your business, or simply opening a checking account. Stop in to one of our nine convenient locations and we’ll get you started!
Location/Region: Ocean Township