Serve as an Engineer in the Boiler Room who is responsible for directing the operation, maintenance and repair of the boiler plant on an assigned eight-hour shift. Individual instructs and leads lower-level employers in safe operation of four steam-generating boilers, auxiliary equipment, routine housekeeping and preventive maintenance procedures.
· Maintain accurate shift records of fuel and water consumption and steam production. Recognize impending difficulties and recommends changes to increase plant efficiency. Adjust and repair valves and fittings, boilers, pumps and auxiliary equipment. Lead lower-level employees in completion of assignments, if necessary.
· Notify Plant Supervisor of material needs for daily operation, including chemicals, housekeeping supplies, ink, pens, charts and log sheets. Oversee safe operation of electric-generating equipment for electrical production or emergencies. Oversee overall cleanliness of plant and equipment on an assigned shift.
· Notify appropriate parties of fuel supply. Report natural gas and fuel oil consumption.
· Conduct tests on boilers, water softeners, condensate systems and fuels; maintain property chemical controls. Ensure standard operating procedures such as bottom blowing and blowing gauge glasses on all boilers and auxiliary equipment to maintain proper and safe levels.
· Trouble shoots and corner problems involving equipment failure. Oversee or complete fuel handling and/or cleanup of spills.
· Respond to emergency calls if contacted. Perform general housekeeping duties such as maintaining a clean and healthy environment including boilers and surrounding areas, lines and piping, walkways, floors, and auxiliary equipment, dispose trash. Regenerate water softeners by adding proper amount of salt to brine.
· Operate soot blowers on boilers as required by standard operating procedures.
· Assist in acid cleaning or mechanical cleaning of all water tube and fire tube boilers as required by standard operating procedure.
· Clean all combustion chambers or fireboxes and makes minor repairs to refractories.
· Change or clean filters that are essential to the continued operation of the boiler plant.
· Conduct repairs to valves and piping in confined spaces.
· Perform all other related duties as required.
Skill Factors – Education:
Two years of experience as a Utility Plant Operator I; Experience, Training,
Three years of comparable experience in a boiler plant;
40 Hours Weekly
Annual Salary $35,031
Apply at https://ESU.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=esu&id=1751
Clery Crime and Fire Statistics Report:
East Stroudsburg University (ESU) has made a commitment to ensure the safety of its students, employees and visitors. The annual security and fire safety compliance document is available on the ESU website here: http://www4.esu.edu/about/offices/police/documents/pdf/annual_publication.pdf
If you would like to receive a paper copy of the “East Stroudsburg University Police Annual Clery Crime and Fire Statistics Publication”
which contains this information, you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (570) 422-3064.
The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, university police law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by ESU; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania (ESU) is located in Northeastern Pennsylvania in the scenic Pocono Mountains and adjacent to the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Founded in 1893, ESU is one of 14 university members of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and has a current enrollment of 6,828. The University offers 56 undergraduate degree programs and 24 graduate degree programs, the university is poised for continued growth. The surrounding community offers options for suburban, small city, or country living all within a less than two-hour drive to both New York City and Philadelphia.