Performs diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
2. When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports changes in status as appropriate.
3. Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
4. Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Experience
Education: Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registered as a Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer, Adult Echocardiography (RDCS) (AE) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), or as a Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. Organizational Profile:
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL