EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Deputy Editor of Oncology
The Deputy Editor of Oncology will be responsible for overseeing the oncology specialty publishing group and will drive the development of high-quality content within the content domain, applying both clinical knowledge/experience and the principles of evidence-based medicine. The Deputy Editor will analyze and critically appraise medical research and literature, as well as clinically evaluate work produced by the editorial team.
- Serve as ultimate authority on content domain(s), and lead/support topic enhancement and development, systematic literature surveillance, and regular review for publishing team
- Ensure clinical excellence and relevance
- As a key member of the leadership team, will develop
- Overall product strategy and vision
- Quality and continuous improvement initiatives
- Goals and objectives for editorial team
- Recruit and develop high-performing network of physician specialists within specific content domain(s)
- Promote product adoption and usage via sales support at conferences and site visits, and through ongoing clinical activities
- Support culture of team work, and contribute to staff development through effective teaching, editing, feedback, and coaching
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Medical or clinical pharmacist degree (MD, DO, or equivalent) with license/certification current and in good standing
- Specialty board certification
- 10 years of direct patient care experience, and willingness to maintain ongoing clinical activities
- 2 years experience as team leader or project leader
- Passing score on a writing assignment assessing critical appraisal and statistical skills sufficient to analyze clinical relevance of all study types
- Demonstrated understanding/use of principles of evidence based medicine and use of health information technology to support clinical decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to extract relevant clinical information from research and write concisely with minimal errors
- Knowledge of PubMed searching strategies
- 2 years experience with MS Office Suite including Word (with use of track changes) and Excel
- Demonstrated personnel management experience
- Ability to exercise judgment to make decisions and produce content requiring minimal changes
- Ability to self-manage multiple priorities within deadlines, delegate tasks and responsibilities, and report on work produced
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, such as initiative and a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills such that feedback is effectively and constructively given
- Motivated self-learner with focus on team success
- Knowledge of advanced PubMed searching strategies
- Writing sample available on request
- Proficiency with specific DynaMed processes may serve in lieu of minimum required qualifications
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO’s Talent Acquisition Team.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Outside Sales, Sales Support, Recruiting, Sales, Human Resources Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)