THE FOUNDATION FOR CREATIVE BROADCASTING INC. 501(c)(3) - OUR MISSION IS CONNECTING THE COMMUNITIES OF TUCSON AND SOUTHERN ARIZONA TO EACH OTHER AND THE WORLD WITH INFORMATIVE, ENGAGING AND CREATIVE COMMUNITY BASED PROGRAMMING.
Established in 1983, KXCI has evolved as a community radio station and as a community connector. KXCI is committed to thinking globally, acting locally, and engaging with the community through varied programs. KXCI also provides educational opportunities for adults year-round and youth in the summer.
KXCI seeks a highly motivated, experienced, and detail-oriented Program Director/Membership Coordinator. This position’s primary goal will be to increase fundraising as well as developing programing and KXCI’s presence within Tucson and Southern Arizona. This is a full-time salaried position.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Executive Director and staff with the creation and implementation of donor/membership plans that articulate focused strategies to meet short and long-term fundraising goals.
- Assist the Membership Associate and staff in member services, including but not limited to, cultivation and stewardship of existing donors and membership outreach.
- Assist the Executive Director and staff in the implementation and execution of three yearly on-air financial campaigns.
- Assist the Education Coordinator in organizing and leading orientations, adult DJ classes, and youth summer programs.
- Assist the Executive Director and other staff in creating and developing vibrant educational programs.
- Assist the Music Director with on-air checks for volunteer DJs.
- Assist the Underwriting Director and other staff in coordinating events.
- Assist the Community Engagement Director in volunteer relations.
- Other duties as directed by the Executive Director.
KXCI seeks an individual with the desire to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple projects with the ability to prioritize, familiarity with a nonprofit structure as well as on-air and off-air fundraising, and possessing strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Must have strong computer skills including mastery of Word and Excel. Experience with eTapestry or other donor management software is highly desirable. The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5 years of non-tracked, on-air radio experience,
- 5 years of non-profit experience,
- bachelor’s degree,
- strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion,
- be a team player,
- flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends during KXCI on-air campaigns and events,
- and experience working with a diverse staff and board in order to achieve strategic goals.
To apply email a cover letter and CV/resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Programming and Membership” in the subject line. The application deadline is January 5th, 2018. Please do not contact us further unless you are invited for an interview.
Salary Range: $41,000-$51,000
Location: position will be based in Tucson Arizona
KXCI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location/Region: Tucson, Arizona